Habitat builds houses from the ground up.
Each week there will be a different experience based on what work needs to accomplished that day. Volunteers of all skill levels are welcome and can expect a rewarding experience. The efforts of many volunteers reduce the building costs and enable Habitat Powhatan to offer homes well below market cost.
There are many ways to volunteer:
- Volunteer as a member of a church or civic organization.
- Volunteer as an individual.
- Professional contractors may volunteer their time or offer reduced rates.
- Bring snacks, drinks, etc. to the construction site.
- Community service for high school, college, and some court ordered offenses.
Construction work on a Habitat house generally takes place on Saturdays from 8:30 to 4. You must be 16 years of age or older and sign a release form to participate. However, if you are retired and can work during the week, we can often accommodate that schedule as well. If you want to become a volunteer, contact Habitat Powhatan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: (804) 598-4546.